Thursday, August 4

Awake & Alive

People say that it takes a lot of courage and determination to walk away from a relationship, regardless of how much a jackass your partner/ex-partner is. Nonetheless, it too, takes valiance and fighter's spirit to survive after a breakup.

But look, I'm doing great. Greater. Than. Ever. I reckon my ever-persistent will to conquer and acquire victory contributed in my post-breakup survival.

I know a girl who after her breakup a few months ago, somehow lost sight of all hopes. One afternoon, when she was supposed to be in a class with the rest of her friends, she decided to cut her wrist. Luckily, a friend who noticed something was amiss, managed to stop her from severing her veins any further, just in time.

Well, I'm confident that it'll never happen to me. Because life is always worth living.

Right now, I am on a relatively healthy diet, in which I exercise more to lose weight. Don't get me wrong, I'm not doing it out of sheer vanity. I know what the world wants, and how it works. I'm simply doing what I have to in order to adapt, and survive.

And I'm increasing my vocabulary, and general knowledge by reading Time magazines again. It helps my critical thinking too.

I'm awake, and alive. I'll survive, gloriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment